GERRY ANDERSON is a teaching and education professional – not a politician! – that is running for SEAT 3 on the Los Angeles Community College District Board of Trustees. WATCH my video here. Please share liberally …
- My name is GERRY ANDERSON, and I’m running for SEAT 3 on the Board of LA Community College Board.
- As a proud military veteran, I was awarded the designator “Instructor/Writer” while serving at Ft. Huachuca, AZ.
- Since military service, I combine over three decades of experience in managing transformational change and as an adult education instructor – linking education and training to workforce readiness, and developing training that optimizes individual and organizational performance.
- I have been a business and entrepreneurship instructor in the LA Community College District since July 2010. In fact, I first started college at West LA after dropping out of Crenshaw High School, before transferring to Arizona State University and completing my MBA.
- The business and entrepreneurship series that I teach now at West LA and at LA City College started in the late ‘90’s as corporation seminars that were given at Simply Wholesome restaurant.
- Since 2010, I have been a Community Services Teacher and Adjunct Instructor within LACCD, and I continue to expand my teaching responsibilities within the District through the development of entrepreneurship-based instruction and programs.
- Since 2012, I have also served as a Business Advisor with the Los Angeles Region Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network.
- I decided to run for SEAT 3 because he understands that the Los Angeles Community College District will prove vital in the post-pandemic economic recovery efforts throughout Los Angeles County.
- At the forefront of the District’s role in the recovery is a focus on equity and on relevancy – not only for the current and future students, but for the entire communities served by the District’s colleges.
- This requires a person who is intimately familiar with and committed to the mission of community college, as well as committed to serving all communities within the District’s jurisdiction.
- Now is the time for an educator – not a politician – on the Board of Trustees – SEAT 3.
- I offer a pathway toward a more effective and responsive presence in the communities served by the District. I am the right person, at the right time.
- Endorsed by the Los Angeles Times newspaper over the appointed incumbent, GERRY ANDERSON is that educator. Vote for GERRY ANDERSON – SEAT 3 on the Los Angeles Community College District Board of Trustees.
WATCH my video here
Editorial: Four for the LACCD Board
The Los Angeles Community College District is a vital part of the education infrastructure, offering a transition between high school and four year college, certificates in vocational and technical training programs, one-off courses for the merely curious and a chance for older students to learn new skills. This fall, voters get to elect four of the district’s seven trustees. We recommended voters go with one incumbent …
Seat 3: Gerald Anderson
A business consultant and adjunct business instructor at West L.A. College and L.A. City College, Anderson rises above several other viable and promising options in this race. A black Angeleno, Anderson would broaden community representation on a board that lost its sole Black member two years ago. He’d also offer both an insider‘s view of the system and an outsider’s experience of the world, adding welcome dimensions to the trustees‘ deliberation. Anderson is a better choice than incumbent David Vela, a long time aide to elected Democrats and head of his own political consulting firm, who was appointed to the seat two years ago. Los Angeles Times Newspaper – October 4, 2020